| character | class | race | player | | — | — | — | — | | raiann daardendrian | fighter | dragonborn | maryam | | guldur despana | sorcerer | drow | steve | | nixolaus nixerum | wizard | human | dudley | | donaar norixius | barbarian | dragonborn | john | | rubick zeck | cleric | human | jp |
dm - conor
- yawning portal inn
- ranar neverember
- human friend of floon (rescued at warehouse)
- son of a lord
- floon kidnapped by mistake
- took paintings we found
- winged serpent - symbol of the zhentarim
- stone of golorr
- spider with 10 legs (circle with spikes) symbol in yellow (found in sewer)
- followed signs into sewer
- found floon in sewer
- gave me a spell book
- burning hands
- disguise self
- false life
- unseen servant
- witch bolt
- gave me a spell book
- yellow circle with small indentation in middle carved into pillar
- back at the yawning portal
- floon and ranar reunite
- volo presents us with a scroll tube
- deed to property
- trollskull manor, trollskull alley
- tavern on ground floor
- 1000gold to start business
- meet mert the loanshark
- offers to give us the 100gold for the tavern in exchange for going to blue alley and finding a statue
- blue alley
- found locked room
- minatour fight
- key around its neck
- mimic fight
- painted on wall
- "this tool with"
- treasure chest
- painted on wall
- dias with gem and floating sword
- engarving on the dias
- "power pulses within me and only living warmth may move me"
- rubick picks up gem and sword turns around
- fight with gem
- big red gem with tiny gates within
- engarving on the dias
- small room behind hidden wall
- a once comfortable looking study
- walls of reinforced steel
- wooden box
- placed little bag of sand opened/closed while on the table
- placed a trinket in and took off the table
- glowing orb now flies out of box
- bowl of good berries
- wooden box
- table has faintly carved runes all the way around
- look like they reverse the magic of anything in the space
- inscribed on wall
- "what might and"
- hidden room behind wall
- inscription: 'a soft touch'
- retraced steps over sticky carpet
- up to a room with hanging platforms over a 20foot drop
- donaar gets to forth platform when a smoke imp appears and attacks
- after three party members fall we decide to head back and go another route
- found a statue with a button in it, pushed the button and a door opens
- stairs down to a luxurious room which is no longer cared for
- raiann hears a voice behind a door to the east
- behind door is a bronze statue of a wizard (behind a wall of force)
- inscription the wall: 'utter madness PURE RUBBISH'
- on the base is the word 'keilier'
- when the word keilier is spoken he moves
- keilier asks for a riddle
- he tells us the inscription 'utter madness..' is not part of the other inscriptions
- open door to the north
- long corridor with doors on either side and an open door at the end (leading to the room of platforms)
- first door on the left has a large furnace
- demons to act as garbage disposal
- incinerator room
- on the last platform donaar finds a glowing moon touched elvish scimitar
- inscription (in elvish): 'mother moon keep us in the dark'
- second door on the left is an arcane workshop
- find two potions
- potion of healing
- potion of giant strength (strength: 15)
- on the wall: 'strength cannot get'
- find two potions
- room on the right has winding yellow path
- murials of mages holding the holy symbol
- on the west wall are the words: 'can do'
- at the end of the path is a door
- behind door is a room made of red brick
- in the middle of the room is a 3ft tall statue of a rearing unicorn
- 'everything you see is mine' magically written across base when donaar touches horn
- when the unicorn is picked up all the walls turn to mirror
- when rubick tries to take the unicorn through the door the unicorn transports back to the stand and all his clothes and equipment pile up in the room
- rubick walks out the room with his eyes closed and managed to leave the room with his clothes and the unicorn
- phrase above door of next room: 'take only what you can truly afford'
- room is full of coin
- coins arranged in flowing script 'ALL FAKE'
- another room off it
- featureless except for black iron gates at one end
- when gates are touched a mouth appears and say 'though these gates lies paradise'
- guldur and nix take unicorn statue back to tavern
- raiann and donaar appear in a pub and get free drinks from ronar
- rubick lands in a garbage pile
- unicorn picked up by benfactor
- about a week has passed since session 3
- pair of halflings arrive at the tavern (potentially siblings)
- kelso and dannicka
- looking for a job
- previously worked at red larch
- bryn hilltopple is a good cook
- heading to the opera in sea ward to meet mert
- formal clothing required (need to shop for some)
- donaar and rubick go to two shops (gowns, and formal wear)
- private box c in the opera house
- mert tells us there is a cart pulled by talking horse named maxine, find her to see if there are any zenterim operatives in the town
- the next day go to southern ward to meet the talking cat raiann met
- groundskeeper tells us to go and stop a menacing scarecrow from killing livestock
- head out of the south gate and up the southcliff way
- see a scarecrow in the corn fields
- guldur and donaar head to a house after guldur hears some clattering
- donaar kicks the door in
- noise sounds like it's coming from under the stairs
- guldur casts yellow dancing lights
- scratching behind a door
- donaar kicks down another door
- they find an injured crow
- donaar then sees a tall figure in the darkness behind guldur
- donaar and guldur hear a thunderous boom from the field
- they both run up to the figure in the dark and attack
- in the figures straw head there is a light
- guldur casts chromatic orb (fire) but scarecrow isn't affected
- wild magic causes guldur to turn into a potted plant
- donaar has no idea where guldur has gone, he goes into rage
- donaar hits it with his maul but only feels the snapping of twigs, not the same feeling of hitting a real creature
- scarecrow claw attacks donaar and causes damage
- guldur is no longer a potted plant
- guldur casts chromatic orb (fire)
- the scarecrow explodes into flames and tries to embrace guldur (like a lover) but disintegrates
- donaar remembers the thunder noise so sprints out of the house to find the others
- guldur chases after donaar
- donaar is no longer raging, he sprints and smashes the rotten pumpkin scarecrow with his maul, causing it to completely cave in. this releases rubick from the fright
- raiann, nix, and rubick head for the scarecrow
- trying not to get lost in the corn
- rubick figures out we're walking in a circle
- we stop and get our bearing
- nix hears a shuffle of feet in the corn briefly then it stops
- nix casts thunderwave to clear the area of corn and alert the others in the house
- something grabs raiann
- rubick casts sacred flame
- the figure lets go of raiann (it's another scarecrow)
- raiann attacks with whip
- the scarecrow looks straight at raiann and causes fright and paralysed
- it starts to move closer to raiann and brushes her face
- nix hits it with witch bolt
- nix notices the pole where we saw the other scarecrow is empty (uh oh!)
- something ploughs into rubick, it's the other scarecrow with a rotten pumpkin head
- rubick uses guiding bolt and destroys the pumpkin scarecrow's face
- the scarecrow holding raiann rips against her abdomen
- nix continues to cast witch bolt, the hood is starting to smoke and char
- second scarecrow slashes at rubick
- rubick fails a wisdom save so is paralysed and frightened
- first scarecrow attacks raiann again but does no damage
- nix continues with witch bolt, the scarecrow explodes into flames and falls into a heap, this releases raiann from the fright
- after the fight we search the 'corpses'
- donaar takes some of the straw to show the groundskeeper
- we head to the house to investigate
- the crow is dead
- the house is completely empty, no belongings at all
- the party heads back to the groundskeeper
- donaar presents him with the straw from the dead scarecrow
- it's "just straw"
- from nix's studies he knows the scarecrow is an animated evil creature
- groundskeeper is very pleased with our work, offers to 'repay the debts' in the coming weeks
- we all head back to trollskull
- the tavern is clean and tidy, there is no sign of the halflings but they may just be asleep
- as we start pouring drinks and standing around the table nobody notices the seat next to guldur pulls itself out on it's own for guldur to sit down
- donaar rolls '23' for the week of business in the tavern
- we pay the full 60 and make 0
all except donaar walking back to trollskull alley, there's a massive white flash explosion. people on fire, ears ringing from blast. the explosion seems to have started outside our tavern. the front of our inn has collapsed. we head inside the tavern, it seems to be a concussive blast so no fire. there are huge piles of rubble everywhere. nix sees that the cellar door is a jar, rubick hears a faint cough from one of the piles of rubble. donaar is under the rubble, underneath him is a small half-orc kid. donaar has no pulse, he appears to be dead. we start to interrogate the kid, guldur intimidations him and he starts crying.
a number of guards have cordoned off the area and a few are heading to the inn to investigate. a griffin lands and the rider, in shiny armour, jumps off and talks to one of the guards. the crying kid is attracting attention from the guards. a tall guard appears, escorting a human towards the crime scene. the tall guard start directing others. rubick approaches the guard in charge, and informs him that we are the tavern owners, the short human (barnabus blastwind, a member of the watchful order of mage and protectors) greets us. some of the guards run into the tavern and drag donaar's body out.
barnabus leads us to a line up of 12 bodies and asks if we recognise any of them. we notice a few things regarding the dead bodies
- nix notices that the gnome with the burnt cloak and dagger looks like he has dried waste on his boots (sewer) and a bulging pouch
- rubick notices that the human with the armour has a black winged snake tattoo on his forearm.
guldur distracts the guards with a noise in the alley, except for barnabus who smirks at guldur. nix swipes though pouch which contain 5 gem stones, worth 100 gold each.
seth ( the tall human) says they need to take donaar's body for the time being but will brought back to us.
falaar, who runs the glasshouse potion place, pulls raiann aside and tells her she saw a cloaked man take something off the gnome body and head to the bent nail inn.
rubick is near the tiger's eye pi agency. vincent introduces a woman who says she saw a man shaped like puppet without strings on the roof, threw something into the tavern which caused the explosion.
guldur is approached by a halfling kid who points to a barrel in the corner, he hands him a necklace with two orange beads and a broken clasp, which he found in the barrel after the explosion. guldur and rubick think the necklace is magic but are too stupid to know any more. nix recognises it as a necklace of fireballs, each of the beads is a different fire spell.
there is a flapping sounds and a little folded up bird hits rubick in the back. when unfolded it is note from raynar, saying "go to the north exit of troll skull, i have a friend waiting".
a half orc is talking to the guards but gestures for us to follow him. he is wearing studded leather armour, a hood and mask, two swords, and one of his sleeves is dyed red. he is raynar's friend, stil ar'yn.
the puppet without strings sounds like the automotron which march in the parade, the parade is sponsored by temple of gond. gond is a deity of craft/smithwork, the church is all about inventions and creating. his symbol is a big cog with four spokes.
we head of towards the house of inspired hands, it looks like a cross between a temple and a workshop. on the roof we see a humanoid shape. a small flapping thing is released from his hand and dives towards guldur.
- raiann: throws a handaxe at the flying thing, hits it and the bird is demolished.
- the figure on the roof runs off
we head inside the temple. we are met by a bronze dragonborn priest, valeta. we mention the suspicious figure on the roof, she says it sounds like a nimblewright, which was given to the temple by a wizard a few years back. we follow her up a spiral staircase to a trapped door. we knock on the door and ask nim if they had been near our tavern. stil intimidates to try and get the door open.
valeta gets nim to open the door, she isn't impressed with the intimidation. she leads us inside and we see nim who is a clockwork automotron figure. nim says he hasn't left the room. he built another nimblewright to ease his lonliness but the second one ran off.
valeta hands us a nimblewright detector to help find the second one. it can't tell us the direction, only how far we are from it. we determine that nim is the original nimblewright.
we follow the detector to the east wall of north ward and find an old villa. there is no answer at the gates, which are locked. we wait until dark.
donaar tries to parkour over the east wall… and fails. guldur manages to break down the door with mage hand. it enters into a pantry, there are two corpses, and older male human and a younger halfling. the have both been stabbed, fresh wounds. we go in through the next door. the room is full of bodies and two thugs with bloody maces are there, we can hear fighting coming from the stairs.
- guldur: rolls his d100 and weird music is heard
- rubick: swings at the closest thug with his warhammer but misses
- nix: uses witch bolt against the fartherst thug and hits him straight in the chest
- raiann: pieces a thug with her glaive
- the first thug swings at raiann with his mace but misses
stil: attacks with both his swords twice and almost kills one of the thugs
- guldur's weird music is still playing. he uses firebolt which hits one of the thugs. then he starts floating up in the air (damn d100)
- rubick: hits the thug with his warhammer
- nix: throws acid chromatic orc at one thug but doesn't quite kill him
- raiann: uses her scimitar to finish him off, then swings her glaive at the other thug and decapitates him.
we head towards the sounds of fighting coming from the stairs. we go upstairs to find a battle raging between the intruders and the house guards. there are some bodies on the floor.
- stil: uses his shortswords against an intruder
- house guard 1: attacks his intruder but misses
- house guard 2: hits his intruder
- house guard 3: misses his intruder
- guldur: throws chromatic orb at one of the intruders, he is still floating and music is still playing
- intruder 1: tries to attack stil but misses
- intruder 2: also misses
- intruder 3: misses
- raiann: hits an intruder with her handaxe
- rubick: hits the centre intruder with his two-hand warhammer and bludgeons him, but doesn't quite kill him
nix: uses scorching ray against all three intruders
- stil: shortsword against first intruder and kills him
- house guard 1: attacks his intruder and hits
- house guard 2: hits his intruder
- house guard 3: misses his intruder
- guldur: firebolts the centre intruder to death, then casts magic missile (d100) at the third intruder
- raiann: moves into the room to the south and introduces herself to the guy in the room, then glaives him
- rubick: runs in behind raiann and uses two-hand warhammer against the guy
- nix: run in as well and uses firebolt. hits but no damage
- stil: follows us in and uses dual shortswords
- the intruder tries to jump out the window. raiann whips him, then rubick cracks his leg with his warhammer
the owner of the house comes in and asks who we are, and why we have broken into her house at night. she seems relieved though. some city watch guards enter the house. two children come out of the wardrobe. the woman is yala, a noble, she has a half-orc body guard. barnabus and two griffin riders enter the room.
the guy (floxan) who jumped out the window was keeping them hostage until her husband attempted a revolt. the husband is behind the door that was being kicked in.
yala asks again why we are there. nix explains they are tracking a nimblewright. at the mention of the nimblewright the lady tells us one was delivered to them but was a spy that stole her necklace of fireballs.
the watch pulls us to one side and seth isn't impressed with us running off chasing leads. barnabus is a bit more chilled.
we head back to trollskull. the people of alley have tidied up a bit. the upstairs, back of the tavern and the basement are good enough to stay in.
when we wake up, the two blacksmiths from the alley would like to help fix the inn.
the is a large reward waiting for us in the house of inspired hands.
raiann has the nimblewright finder device.
we found the nimblewright hiding under a pile of junk in an alley south of trollskull, just off brahiir's street. when we approach it, it throws off it's cloak and takes a fencing position with a rapier
- nix: throws acid splash at the nimblewright and cause minor damage. makes one of stil's swords magic
- stil: attacks with shortswords and does damage
- rubick: attacks with two-handed warhammer and buckles the nimblewright
- raiann: uses whip and yanks it off it's feet
- guldur: casts chromatic orb but misses and then disappears from view, invisible to the party
nimblewright: takes the momentum from the whip attack and turns its blades on raiann, hits a second slash with the rapier and causes damage, then swipes with a daggar for more damage
- nix: casts acid arrow but misses
- stil: attacks with swords again and causes damage, but the nw is still alive
- rubick: attacks with two-handed warhammer and causes damage
- raiann: attacks with scimitar but the nimblewright somersaults over it
- guldur: (still invisible) using breath weapon to cast scorching ray for damage but misses with chromatic orb. then becomes terrified of nix until his next time
- the nimblwright is dead but stil hacks it's head off anyway
in the cloak it threw aside there is a map of the city of the dead with an 'X' and the word 'Cassalanter' but nobody knows what it means.
we head back to the temple of the inspired hands with the nimblewright's head. the priestess is hanging a huge statue. stil tosses the head at her feet. she sends a young helper to the coinmaster and he brings a large bag of coin back to us. we follow her to small room and gives us a pair of small (2ft) poles with a horseshoe on top, they are adjustable stilts. guldur tries them on, and with the keyword 'altitude' makes him 5 foot taller. she shows us a pipe that lights itself which nix takes. then she takes out a traveller's backpack which, when you're falling you can pull a cord and it will slow your fall. finally she shows us a small 6inch cube with a crank on top, which when wound will make a loud barking sound or yapping sound when somebody walks near it depending what it is switched to.
we head to the city of the dead. stil knows that at night there are guards patrolling. he tells us the best time to go is during the day. we still go at night, because we're bad ass. there are 8 guards around the walls.
guldur uses his 'friend' cantrip and persuasion to try and get past the guards. it only works on one of the two guards standing in front of us, the second guard isn't persuaded. gulder can then teleport up to twenty feet on each turn for the next minute. the first guard is startled when guldur teleports behind him. a bit of persuasion on the second guard convinces him and the first one leads us into the city.
we manage to get him to tell us about 'cassalanter'. he points to a large, well-lit, mausoleum and says that he thinks that is 'casslanter'. then guldur's "friend" spell wears off and the guards realises we're hostiles and calls for back up.
- nix: reaches out with shocking grasp but the guard knocks his hand away with his spell
- guldur: casts mage armour and then casts seven magic missiles which completely obliterate the guard
we quickly run towards the mausoleum, which has the word 'cassalanter' engraved on stone in front of it. there is a huge stone door with a family emblem emblazoned to the side. rubick attempts to pick the lock and succeeds. in the entrance the family emblem is on the floor, and there are four coffins which have names engraved in them. we see human footprints in the dust heading to the stairs.
rubick heads down the stairs first, followed by raiann, stil, guldur, and nix at the back. we see more coffins, and keep following the corridor. rubick looks around the corner and sees two dead bodies on the floor. raiann notices that they are both male. the first has been gutted with a dagger (which is still in him), and guldur notices the second has been inflicted by 'inflict wounds' spell. we hear a coughing from a small alcove. stil heads towards the noise and finds a woman who has also been stabbed, not responding. rubick heals her with "cure wounds". we try to find out who she is and what happened, but she is reluctant to talk to use. guldur uses "friends" to find out that her b/f is one of the deads bodies. they were all members of a cult who were betrayed by two others. they were looking for a stone that apparently is a map to gold. the cult worships 'asmodiaus' (the deity of indulgence). the woman pulls out an amulet to show us the symbol. she tells us which way they went, towards a windmill at the south of waterdeep. she asks that we promise to avenge her bf's death.
we decide to loot the dead and start opening the stone caskets. rubick attempts to open one but is too weak and the lid doesn't budge.
we then head to the windmill, the door is not locked so we head inside and into the first room, which has six squatters in and they all hide when we walk in. the next room has five squatters in. the third room has one person in, who looks like he his high as fuck.
we decide to head upstairs. we see an ancient millstone under some debris, a couple of unlocked doors, and one locked door. we can't hear anything on the other side. rubick checks one of the unlocked doors, the room is covered in bird droppings and half the ceiling has collapsed.
rubick then picks the lock on the locked door. it is a nice looking apartment and there are two people in the room who looked panicked when we walk in.
- stil: uses his hand crossbow and hits one of the people. she cries out "sofia…"
- rubick: casts "inflict wounds" but misses
- the enemy sofia: casts "inflict wounds" back at rubick
- the other enemy: casts "inflict wounds" at raiann and causes her to fall unconscious
- raiann: succeeds a death save
- guldur: casts 'mirror image' then appears slightly younger to nix
nix: casts hideous laughter at sofia. she saves on wisdom but falls prone with laughter
- stil: walks up to sofia, who is on the floor, and attacks with short swords and causes damage
- rubick: casts "spare of the dying" on raiann to help her, and "cure wounds" to heal her slightly
- sofia: reaches out to rubick and a flame appears but only does minor damage
- the other enemy: pulls out a dagger and swipes at raiann with damage then swipes at stil but misses
- raiann: fails a death save
- guldur: casts chromatic orb at the other enemy then uses sorcery points to cast chromatic orb again. now for the next 10 rounds of combat guldur has to shout now for the next 10 rounds of combat guldur has to shout.
nix: casts "scorching ray" against sofia and does massive damage. she reaches into her robes and throws a stone to the other one who reaches out to catch it
- stil: attacks sofia with shortsword and finishes her off. he releases the sword and brings his other sword up and swings at the outstretched hand of the other one and cuts it clean off
we see a green stone on the floor. rubick attempts to heal raiann and manages to get her to stand up. we head back to trollskull, and rubick has the stone on his person.
in the morning rubick hears a voice in his head, "congratulations…" he replies, "thank you" the voice replies, "it has been a long time since i was won fairly in battle. for years i have been stolen, dropped, and swapped." "who own you?" "nobody owns me, but for now i am yours" "where are you from?" "outside reality"
nix tries to figure out what it is but is too stoned or something
the stone says, "are you after the gold? there is a vault deep under waterdeep, and three keys are needed to open the vault. these keys are 'a drunken elf', an animated construct, and a beardless dwarf. finally the gold is guarded by a gold dragon called aurinax"
we ask, "do dark elves count as elves?" "an elf is an elf"
we ask, "does the 'animated construct' have to be alive?" "providing the construct has not been destroyed or rendered inoperable, however or an object with an animated objects spell will suffice"
we decide to try and sneak nim the nimblewright out of the temple, and guldur will be our 'drunken elf'. we also want to know if a "disguise self" spell will work if nix pretends to be lord neverember, whose gold it is.
we head to the house of inspired hands, they seem happy to see us. we are able to 'borrow' nim, as long as it isn't going to hurt/damage them, thanks to guldur's persuasion.
rubick asks the talking stone if we can use a shaven dwarf or if it has to be a dwarf that never grew a beard. a female dwarf will work. one of the contractors fixing up the tavern is a female dwarf. we attempt to persuade her to come with us, but aren't very convincing but she begrudgingly follows us.
guldur gets drunk, and we head to the vault. the door is huge, and has no handles. in dwarvish runes it says "the three keys, bring them forth". guldur, the dwarf, and nim step forward and the doors open.
inside is a massive vast chamber with stone columns holding up bridges high up above. there are 12 doors around the room. none of the doors move apart from one set, which gently budges. nix pushes a bit more and the doors open up into another room. there are stairs going up. guldur moves into the room and is immediately fascinated by the fresco on the wall, and won't move for the next 24 hours. rubick walks up behind guldur to try and knock him out and also becomes fascinated with the wall.
raiann attempts to fire breath the wall to destroy it.
nix figures out that there is some magic on the wall, anyone within 10 feet becomes enthralled. if enough of it is destroyed the spell may be broken, but the two who are under it's spell try to defend the wall.
stil: fires his crossbow at the wall which causes damage nix: launches a bubble of acid which splashes against the wall raiann: throws her handaxe, but the handle hits the wall and doesn't damage rubick: heals guldur from his smashed head guldur: casts a fire bolt at stil but misses
stil: fires his crossbow at the wall but misses nix: casts a fire bolt at the wall for damage raiann: throws her handaxe again, but the handle hits the wall and doesn't damage rubick: casts sacred flame against raiann guldur: casts a fire bolt at stil but misses
due to the damage to the wall rubick and guldur are no longer under the spell. we all decide to head up the stairs. along the wall there is a large mural of a dwarven god. there are also large warhammers along the path. there are a number of bridges which cross the first chamber we entered. we move to the final bridge and cross to find a large locked door. guldur, being drunk, attempts to fight the door with his backpack. rubick and stil push against the door and it starts to open. inside is a small room, the walls are covered in frescos of dwarven blacksmiths and an anvil in the centre of the room. stil notices a hammer on the wall can be removed. he pulls it out and it has dwarvish runes behind it on the wall, which reads "let hearts be lifted and battles won". stil bangs the hammer on the anvil, which causes us all to gain 10 temp hp. we notice the anvil has runes which read "let the hammer fall and the anvil ring".
we hear a scraping metallic sound outside. the door at the end of next bridge along has now opened. this bridge is broken, so we need to jump. rubick jumps first, but falls. it is a 60 foot fall, so it does pretty bad damage to rubick, but he manages to make it back up to his in record time. stil jumps over the gap with ease. guldur throws one end of some hemp rope over to stil to make the jump easier. guldur jumps and falls, but stil manages to stop him from hitting the floor. guldur drops the last 10 feet. raiann also falls.
nix shouts to stil and asks him to go and look inside the room, tells the rest of the group to stop jumping off the bridge. stil looks in the room but can't see much accept some more dwarven runes. as stil doesn't read dwarvish so rubick jumps a second time and makes it. the wall reads "a secret never before told will part dumathoin's lips". there is also some rusty armour covered in cobwebs. rubick tells us all that he has an extreme fear of centipedes, and a staircase appears behind the wall. raiann, nix, and guldur manage to jump across the gap to join the others.
down the stairs we find a corridor which heads north and south. we all head north. there are alcoves all along the walls. in one of them is a heap of gold. in the next alcove, there is a pile of rubies and gems. out of the gloom steps a very old dwarf with a staff that looks like a dragon. he greets us and asks if we want to come back later when he has tidied up. his name is barok clanghammer. he seems like a nice, truthful dwarf, but something about his manner comes across as not dwarven. he asks what brings us down here, and rubick shows him the talking stone. he warns us against magic items like this. nix tells him we are looking for the dragon, and the treasure. the dwarf asks us if the treasure belongs to us, nix casts disguise self to appear as lord neverember to try and convince barok that he is lord neverember, but he isn't very convincing.
rubick and guldur try to explain that neverember swindled this treasure so it belongs to the city. the dwarf flickers and vanishes, then a dragon appears behind the group. the dragon asks raiann in dragonic if we are telling the truth, to which she says yes.
the dragon hands raiann a large gem and asks us to take this gem to the city lords as evidence. the dragon will wait until a city official comes back to take ownership of the treasure.
we head out of the vault, and at the front gate we meet barnibus blastwind, and saeth cromley along with 10 other city watch. barnibus greets us and tells us he would like our help with something. we say we need to go to the city official, and barnibus suggests we all go together.
we travel to castle waterdeep with the guards and explain everything to lady silverhand, who is very pleased to hear of our discovery of the treasure. when we ask for a reward barnibus reveals that he has had a tail on us and then saeth starts reading out a list of laws we have broken. after all of that barnibus agrees that he is willing to overlook all the penalties and give us 10 percent of the treasure if we stop going on adventures.
the tavern has been rebuilt, and renamed 'the heroes rest', and the sign is a silhouette of donaar.
costs 60 gold every week in expenses
- 50 for maintenance, wages
- 10 for guild
every week we roll 1d100 + 10 - that's the base roll for the week of business we can spend coin to promote business
| amount | from | reason | |——————————————|————————–|———————————| | 50 dragons (10 each) | volothamp 'volo' geddarm | finding his friend floon | | 300 gold | 4 paintings | found in secret room | | 500 gold | bars of silver | found in secret room | | 2 potions healing | treasure chest | found in sewer | | 16 gold | treasure chest | found in sewer | | 82 silver | treasure chest | found in sewer | | 250 copper | treasure chest | found in sewer | | 1 origami paper bird messenger | treasure chest | found in sewer | | trollskull manor | volo | finding floon | | 24 gold | treasure chest | after fight with mimic | | 267 silver | treasure chest | after fight with mimic | | small bronze bell | treasure chest | after fight with mimic | | small silver key wrapped in velvet cloth | treasure chest | after fight with mimic | | red gem with tiny gates within (raiann) | magic dias in blue alley | after fight with floating sword | | moon touched elvish scimitar (raiann) | floating platform | | | | | | | 500 gold | temple of inspired hands | destroying nimblewright | | adjustable stilts (guldur) | temple of inspired hands | destroying nimblewright | | 50K gold | barnibus | finding the treasure |
| amount | to | reason | | — | — | — | | 50 gold | potion keeper | potion of healing | | 100 gold | formal wear shop | opera | | 400 gold | gowns shop | opera |