- Right Click on a character's action button and select 'Assay' to see the stats of an item. If the item needs to be identified first, select a character with a high Assaying skill to identify it. You can also cast the Identify spell first if your skill is not high enough.
- By selecting 'Look' instead of 'Assay' you will see a description of the item. Sometimes the descriptions of important items contain hints to their use.
- When you assay a weapon and it says *Lethal* in the stats, it means that this weapon can trigger a Lethal Blow, even if that character has no Lethal Blow skill. Usually, a high Lethal Blow skill triggers that ability much more often than a weapon.
- If an item looks scary or evil, it is probably cursed. You can use silver spoons or Remove Curse potions/spells to remove the item if you equipped it.
- Many chests have randomized items, so if you save and load again before opening it, you will get different items.
List of all Containers
These containers can hold several items of a specific type at a time:
Scroll Case - Spirit Caverns
Magic Sack - Wizard's Sky Barge
Wizard Bag - Samhain Underworld
Quest Locker - Kublai Axis
Potion Rack - Kublai Axis
Huntsman's Quarrel - Gaol Sewers
Canvas Sack - City of Waterport
Pantry - H.M.S. Intrepid
All Purpose Barrel - The Snark
Quest Pouch - Sargasso
Bookcase - Imperial Palace
Barding Kit - Ruins of Gideon
Jewelry Box - Chasm of the Oracle
Snakeskin Pouch - 3rd Coil
List of early special items in Grimoire
These are among the first items you find in the game:
You can find them by using 'Look' on a bush in the beginning areas (Briarwoods and Midnight Garden). Galen Apples heal disease.
These can be found by selecting 'Look' on the shallow water tiles in the beginning areas. Black Leeches heal poisoning and cause minor damage in the process.
Black Lotus (Charm, D4 charges)
Anybody found the Black Lotus in Briarpatch Woods? SE area, where the dragonfly attacks you in an (1 cell) watery area. LOOK and you find a blue flower. Identify it. CHARM 4 charges baby!!
Poison Dagger (2D4 + poisoning enemy)
Briarpatch Woods, where you LOOK and find the Bone Dagger. That treasure is partly randomized. Save Scum and find an amazing additional Poison Dagger there!
Bone Dagger (cursed)
A cursed weapon that disappears in battle after the first attack. Can be used against a ghost due to its Undead attack properties.
Burial Mask (cursed)
Sell it for coin.
Using this item casts Remove Curse on a character, so that he or she can remove an equipped cursed item.